Friday, August 24, 2012

Glymm Bag August 2012 review!

Hopefully by now most people have heard about the Glymm beauty subscription?
If not it is a monthly subscription- much like a magazine, but instead you receive deluxe cosmetic samples.
The cost per month is currently $12.
So far I am enjoying this service and like trying different new products that I have never heard of!
My only peeve with Glymm is I have had enough already with the cosmetic bags- please send something  USEFUL  like a nylon bag for groceries or produce- something to change it up a bit.

Now on to the items for August 2012:


August 2012 Glymm Bag!



*Vitamine & Sea Mineral Clay Mask (sample jar 10grams?,value $3.00/ full size 210ml, value $62)
This was a fairly small sample size. I had enough to try out on two or three small spots on my face.
The Glymm description stated the mask is made with mud from the dead sea.
The mask has a thick texture in the jar and is more a dark green shade. I also noticed there was quite a seaweed smell or maybe more a outdoors mud smell to this mask.
Not the most pleasant,but not that great either. If you enjoy clay masks then this is for you!
The actual retail product is quite big and seems like it would last a very long time compared to the small sample.

*Naked Princess Naked Shine Luscious Lip Gloss (sample size mini tube 0.008oz or 0.25g, value $2.20/ full size 2.96ml, value $26.00)
This lip gloss came in a cute doll size applicator (it seems, super tiny).
The lip gloss did not have a taste, but did have a very nice wet look shine and was also not sticky.
The colour Barely Coco is a very natural looking pinkish brown once put on and I'm sure would be flattering to all skin tones.

The Glymm website states that this lipgloss has a healthier formula and has gentle lip plumpers.
I did not notice any lip plumping with this product.
The gloss was still enjoyable to use though

*Bentaberry: G-1 moisturizing Face cream for boys and girls - Regulating line (3ml sample tube,value $2.20/full size tube 30ml, value $22.00)
I am not very familiar with this line and have not yet tried this product.
The cream is supposed to contain many natual ingredients and mattifies the skin and has a scent formulated by a "famous perfumer".
Personally I prefer unscented face products-if you get headaches sometimes you do not really feel like using scented face products.
I think I will try out this cream today and report back later.....

*Mai Couture Blush Papier: PRETTYFUL shade. (sample size 2 sheets, value $1.00/full product 50 sheets,value $19-26.00).
The concept behind these blushing papers is that it is a modern and convenient way to apply blush on the go!!!
The papers are quite thin and it was a bit hard to just get one sheet out of the sample package.
But the sample presenation was very pretty and nicely executed.
The sheet size is 1.97inx2.6, as stated on the back of the package.
The blush was a very light color and I could see more shimmer than pink on myself (I already have very pink cheeks,lol).
The shimmer did make me look a bit more awake though and is kind of a shimmery pink.
Overall I did enjoy using this sample and hope to see the other items in this line in person before buying anything.


Cocolilly Nail Enamel in PROVOCATIVE #3
mm

u think of this
*Cocolilly Nail Enamel in Provocative #3 (full size item, value $12.00).
I really like getting nail polish in the cosmetic boxes as I get to try brands and colors I would never think of picking up at the store.
Bright neon pink is not something I would pick up at the store or salon to put on my nails. The brightest I did this year was a neon orange that was still quite dark (Mavala Nice).
But since it is summer and the weekend I can try this out,this would not be a appropriate choice if you work in an office or a bank. Better for weekends and vacations.
The quality of the polish is very good and I just applied 2 thin coats  with no base coat and a Sally Hansen quick dry topcoat and this lasted 4 days with no chipping!
The polish has quite a lot of shine and a nice finish.
The Glymm website states that there are 5 shades of pink in this collection. This is not a brand I have heard of before either.
From the Glymm website:

"Coccolily’s favorite color is pink and so designer, Naana Tennachie Yankey created five different shades of pink for you."

Overall thoughts on the Glymm August 2012 bag?

So far I have enjoyed trying all the samples and feel the value is fair this month (I only paid $10.00).
Total value of the samples received is $20.50.
I did find quite a few of the samples are very small,but the nail polish does make up for that.
Now I wish these was a way to let Glymm know I like more muted colours (I am in my 30's.....have to save this for the weekend).
My other peeve is the continuous cosmetic bags.....enough already.
Maybe give members the option of either a bag for those that really want to collect them and the other people get a 5th sample??
Or change up the containers like a lunch bag one month,produce bag the next, reusable food bags even? Like a "ziplock" back but made of nylon for your crackers??

What did you think of this month's selections?
How do you feel getting so many cosmetic bags.
I'm going to send this post to Glymm and want to know what their response will be!

2 comments: