Monday, June 17, 2013

Seasonbox April 2013 Review!

I am somewhat tardy in reviewing the April 2013 SeasonsBox- just do not seem to get around to using all my items in such a timely fashion.
That kind of happens when you have so many subscriptions that send out cosmetics, tea or bars of soap I find.

This month I am going to try and do a unboxing through photos.
Here is the SeasonsBox before it was opened. The packaging and box is a lovely presentation!
Unopened SeasonsBox May 2013!


The April SeasonsBox was quite lovely and had a handwoven scarf that was made by the non-profit organization Connected in Hope.
Their mission is to help women in Etheopia who were former Fuel Wood Carriers to find better employment.
The scarf I received is the pink Shiromeda scarf:
The scarf itself is quite finely woven and you can see through the material a bit- but there is a lot of layers you can wrap around in many styles. I only wish that there was info on the exact materials- like if it is cotton or a mix.
My mother liked my scarf so much she is buying several from their website for herself and gifts!

Contents of my SeasonsBox!
You can find out more about Connected in Hope and buy their scarves at:
http://www.connectedinhope.org/shop/

Crawford Street Skincare Lemon Deodorant Cream
This is kind of a different product and you do not see too many deodorants in jars.
One advantage of a deodorant in a jar is you get to use up the whole product, with the sticks I always seem to waste some at the end that stays stuck in the plastic.
The deodorant is a white cream in the jar and is clear once it is on.
To me the scent is not exactly lemon, but more a mix of essential oils. I did find the scent does compete with some of my perfumes as it has a fairly strong scent.
The product seems to work well for everyday use, I have not tried it exercising yet.

Ecotools Foam Applicator
This is a neat pointed makeup sponge that is on a bamboo handle. It is very useful for blending cream makeup and applying concealer to small areas of your skin.
While it is a neat idea, I find I prefer using my makeup brushes more and find them easier to clean as well.
I have this in a stand with my other makeup tools and this is not one I have been too tempted to reach for.

Honibe Honey Drops
I was not that exited to see this product- only because I already know about it and have been buying Honibe products since they came out!
This is also a Canadian made product that comes from Prince Edward Island and is only made of 100% pure dried honey.
You can use these in your tea or even if you have a sore throat. This would also be great for keeping at work or someplace where liquid honey would be too messy.

April 2013 info sheet.


Overall this has been one of my favorite SeasonsBox so far!
I have a one year subscription and the next box I am getting is June- I skipped the May one as I did not want any colour cosmetic items.
If you are interested in signing up for SeasonsBox their website is at https://seasonsbox.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment