Wednesday, November 13, 2013

TOPBOX OCT 2013 MURALE THEME!

My October Topbox showed up a while ago!
I was trying to use all the products that came in my package for at least a week or two before posting.
What I found interesting is that almost all the Murale branded boxes had entirely different items.
I'm somewhat surprised to receive this box as I did not make any requests for any of the branded boxes, as most of the products in them are not new to me.

Contents of the October 2013 Topbox:


Murale packaging! Fun and funky!
October 2013 Topbox contents!
I really like the contents of this Topbox because, while I am familiar with all the brands that were sent- I have never tried any of these products.
(Used to buy quite a bit of Clarins skincare and some Estee Lauder at The Bay, but not lately).Z
The variety in this box is good to as it covers hair, body and skincare.

My thoughts on the items sent:

*Clarins: Satin-Smooth Body Lotion: sample size 30ml, value $6.60/ full size 200ml, $44.
I have never tried Clarins body products, so this was nice to try out.
Like a lot of the Clarins line, this lotion has a fragrance that is made up of essential oils- it has a light "floral" scent.
So if you do not like fragranced body products, this might not be as enjoyable.
The lotion is more like a cream/gel and is quite light and absorbs very well, My skin felt refreshed and moisturized after using this lotion. If your skin is extremely dry a thicker cream might be better.
I think this lotion would great for spring and summer!
*Estee Lauder: Perfectionist [CP+R] Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum: sample size 7ml mini bottle, value $18.20/ full size 30ml $78.
I like trying out different face serums and have heard so many great things about this one!
Now I do not have any wrikles and can not really evaluate this product properly.
The serum is quite light and does have a fairly strong floral scent. (I usually prefer serums that are not fragranced).
The serum did absorb quite quickly and left my skin looking a bit smoother and moisturized. This is a good sample to see if the serum agrees with you- but to really test this product out the info from the product card states you need 4 weeks to see results.

*Ojon: Volume Advance Thickening Spray: sample size 55ml, value $12.00/ full size 125ml, $27.00.
I really like this spray. The scent is very light and not distracting at all!
I'm not really sure how to describe the scent though?
My hair is somewhat thin and quite curly. Lately I can not blow dry my hair, so can not really test this product out "properly".
I did spray the thickening spray before I air dryed my hair and it did have more shine and looked healthier.
Also, the spray did not make my hair feel crunchy and still like some of those salt water volumizers that have dried my hair out.
Overall I did really like this product and will put it on my shopping list once I use up some of my massive pile of hair products!

*Rodial: bee venom moisturizer: sample size 5ml, value $19.00/full size 50ml $190.
I've heard of the Rodial brand before and they seem to be a company that makes some very exotic, high-end cosmetics. I have never tried any of their line and was curious about what this bee venom cream can do!
The explanation from Murale's website is great and is easy to understand. I'm not sure I could do a better job with the explanation either...

"Rodial’s bee venom moisturizer is an advanced formula that revitalises and renews for naturally younger looking skin. Bee Venom works in synergy with a unique complex of plant stem cells to help visibly improve skin tone and elasticity. Cyclopeptide-5 and Juvinity™ refine the skin’s surface to help plump and smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, whilst Hyaluronic Acid provides intensive moisturisation and long-lasting hydration for a radiant complexion."

I don't have any fine lines or wrinkles yet, so am prob not the best candidate for this cream.
My cheeks are quite dry, so I just applied the cream there. The bee venom cream is quite strongly scented- a bit too much for my liking.
My skin did feel very hydrated from the Hyaluronic Acid. The plant stem cells are supposed to do something also, but I have not tried this product long enough to determine that.

Topbox Oct 2013 Infocard.
Overall I am pleased with the value and contents of my Topbox this month!
The value was quite high at $55.80! Considering that Topbox costs $13 per month.
I will be keeping my Topbox subscription for a long time and am looking forwards to the November box!

No comments:

Post a Comment