Sunday, August 26, 2012

Glossybox Canada July 2012 review!

Glossybox is another one of these monthly cosmetic subscription services that delivers a lovely boxes with deluxe cosmetic samples. The cost for Glossybox in Canada is $15 per month, which so far has been worth it. The only somewhat small issue is that out of 6 items 4 are drugstore brands-but out of the six items three are full size. The value for this box is still good.
Some people are also not pleased that the box ships towards the end of the month, for me as long as I get a box it is fine.

This is what I received for my Glossybox Canada for July 2012:


July 2012 Glossybox contents!


*ZOYA - NAIL POLISH SUMMER 2012 – BEACH AND SURF COLLECTION (full size polish 15ml in Kimber, value $8.00).
Zoya is a salon brand, I had never tried this brand of polish until now- even though I have heard about it for many years. Usually I use the other salon brands as I have one favorite brand already.
But the quality of the Zoya polish was great and I will be buying others from that brand- the price is also much less than my hard to find European salon brand...
The shade I received is KIMBER- a dark raspberry pink shade with some gold shimmer in it.
Coverage was very good and I did not need many coats,also the durability was very good and there was almost no chipping after 4 days.

*ALESSANDRO - HEEL RESCUE BALM (30ml tube, value $7.00/full size 100ml tube, $19.95)
This is a brand I have never heard of before. The back of the tube states this cream is made in Germany-that makes it seem like a good product.
I have had severely dry heels for the past month and can never have enough foot creams to try out!
The Alessandro balm is a bit thick and minty smelling,but absorbs right away.My heels look well moisturized and feel better.
The cream contains shea butter and olive extracts, along with PLANKTON EXTRACTS and lactic acid.
Ingredients look good,but why do I need plankton in my foot cream?
Overall I do like this cream and would buy it.

*JOHN FRIEDA - SHEER SOLUTION (10ml bottle, value $2.50/full size 60ml, $14.99)
I've tried the regular Frizz Ease products and they are good. The line uses silicone to get rid of frizz.
I have finer hair, so it will be nice to try out the sheer solution.
In the bottle there are 2 layers and you need to shake the product before using.
Small peeve that my bottle is 1/3 empty....
I will update once I try this product!

*BURT'S BEES - LIP SHIMMER (full size 2.6g, value $5.99)
Burt's Bees products are nice and I have only tried their regular lip balms that are not colored.
I got the colour CHERRY, which looks like a darker red in the tube.
It is nice that the product comes in a skinny tube, makes it easier to apply!
The lip shimmer is a nice sheer red shade and could be worn by most people quite easily.

*Dove Visible Care softening Creme body wash (full size 200ml, value $5.99)
Not too thrilled to receive a Dove body wash, only because I already have some many Dove products here.
I have never tried this specific kind that claims "visibly more beautiful skin in one week".
Guess I'll have to see once I try this out.

*Beauty So Clean Sanitizer Wipes (sample 4 wipes, value $1.00, full size box of 48 wipes, $12.50)
These are makeup sanitizing wipes to clean lipsticks,gloss,cream makeup. They work quite well and I will buy these to keep my makeup products with a minimum of bacteria!

Theme for the month!











I am unable to allign the images,my computer is being very fussy!






















No comments:

Post a Comment