Monday, May 14, 2012

GlossyBox April 2012 review!

If you have not heard about GlossyBox Canada before, it is a new monthly "mystery box" cosmetics subscription that costs $15. You usually get between 4 or 5 deluxe or full size samples of deluxe products.
So far I have received 3 GlossyBoxes and have been very pleased with the contents.
For the most part the skincare and cosmetics have been high end- but lately there have been a few drugstore products that I would not consider "high end" items.
It is still nice to receive Aveeno and Marcelle cosmetics,but to me those are not high end and you can pick those up at any drugstore and Walmart even. Now some of the Aveeno line is not cheap and Marcelle has some more expensive items lately....

I have not had the chance to try anything in my box yet,but will update with product reviews soon!
Now on to the contents of the April 2012 GlossyBox. The boxes showed up quite late this time and the April box came in May.

Glossy Box April 2012 contents:

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 (full size item 120ml, value $26).
Always nice to receive a daily sunscreen-I have never tried this kind.

Wella Brilliance Conditioner Fine to Normal colored hair: (30ml tube, full size is 250ml and $13.99, value $3).
Wella is a good salon brand! Trying new conditioners is always useful so I know what to buy next.

*So far I have tried the Wella Brilliance conditioner twice! It is a very light conditioner and did not weigh my hair down. But I did find I have to use a lot of the product as it is very light. The scent is very nice and not too strong,it does not overpowder anything. The conditioner also left my hair nicely smooth and untangled.
I plan on picking up this conditioner the next time I go to the salon store. The price is very reasonable too!

Wella Brilliance Treatment Fine to Normal colored hair: (30ml jar, full size is 150ml and $13.99).

Marcelle Xtension Plus Mascara in Black: (full size item 9ml tube, value $12.50).
This is also another drugstore brand item! But I do like the Marcelle line and that is is mostly made in Canada and good for sensitive skin.
I like trying new mascaras and pretty much never buy a mascara unless I get a travel size or sample first.
One thing I did notice with this mascara is that it is NOT made in Canada, but in Italy instead.
This is not really an issue for me, but more an observation.
I have not tried this mascara yet,but hope to do so soon....

Elizabeth Grant SkinCare shower gel in Island Coconut: (full size item 240ml bottle, value $20.00).
Elizabeth Grant is a skin care line that is mostly sold through the Shopping Channel in Canada.
It is a fairly higher end line that has been popular for quite a few years. I have seen Elizabeth Grant present her products on television, but never got around to trying them.
I did not know she had some shower gels,so this is a neat item to try. Unfortunately I HATE coconut scented body products and that is what I received. Some people got Apricot and I would have loved to get that.
My sister will enjoy trying this shower gel though- she loves coconut anything.
The only thing I dislike about the shower gel is that you have to take the whole cap off just to use it and it is not one of those press on caps.

Glossy Box April 2012 contents!


Description of products received!

There was also a bonus item in the box. When I opened the black envelope that had the description card there was a sample packet of Marcelle BB Cream Beauty Balm. The sample packet was 2ml and good for several uses (full size product is 45ml and costs $22.95).
The BB Cream was in a light shade and matched my olive complexion very well. The BB Cream was thicker than expected and I did get 2 uses out of the packet.
The only thing I did not like is that there is no mention of any SPF for this product.
Usually I use the Marcelle tinted moisturizer SPF 15 and prefer that to this BB Cream. The tinted moisturizer is also much cheaper than the BB Cream.
I did find the BB Cream had very good coverage- pretty much like a foundation, while the Marcelle tinted moisturizer does not cover as much.Both Marcelle products are good- it is just my preference for the cream I already use.
Bonus!! Marcelle BB Cream sample packet!



2 comments:

  1. The BB cream had a funky odour when I applied to my skin. A chemical reaction? It doesn't happen with the Marcelle tinted moisturizier that I use.

    Personally, as long as the cosmetics aren't made in China, I'm not to fussy about country of origin. Ever since the tainted milk and dog food scandal, made in China is a no go zone for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment!
    I actually prefer the Marcelle tinted moisturizer as it just feels better for me.
    The funny thing thesedays is even a lot of high end cosmetics are made in China- like Smashbox!, some Marcelle makeup even.
    I just try and read the labels on everything if I can.

    ReplyDelete